At Impowerage Magazine, we believe there is always something new to learn, so we are offering a 50+ scholarship to help you pursue your next career move, hobby or creative passion. The selected winners will get $200-$400 to help them continue their lifelong learning.
Whether you are attending university for a degree, taking a community class, learning a new language or perfecting a new skill you apply for financial assistance to help you continue learning.
Eligible Classes and Learning Opportunities
- Accredited academic courses
- Community classes
- Vocational training
- Distance courses
- Online classes
- Academic courses: (English, Philosophy, History, Sciences etc. )
- Career related courses: (Trades, interior design, certifications etc.)
- Foreign languages
- Culinary arts
How to Enter
There are two ways to enter the Lifelong Learning Contest.
- Application Form: Explain what learning opportunity you would pursue with the $400 grand prize. Include your past learning experiences if applicable. Send an application in 400 words or less, using this form by December 5th, 2011.
- Facebook Draw: You may also enter by going to our Facebook page and tagging yourself in your favourite learning-related quote. Although there are multiple quotes, you may only tag yourself once before the December 5th deadline.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m not sure if my particular class would be covered by this scholarship.
There are many diverse learning opportunities, and most types of classes would be eligible. If you would like clarification before submitting an application, please email [email protected]
Can I use the prize money towards a class I’m already enrolled in?
Yes, the contest winnings can be applied to any course undertaken between September 2011 and December 2012.
What are the judges looking for?
The judging panel will be looking for well-written applications that explain how a particular learning opportunity would affect your life. We are looking for passionate individuals who love learning.
Can I enter the contest using both methods?
Yes, you may enter both through the application and through Facebook. You may only tag yourself in one picture on Facebook.
How do I tag myself in a photo on Facebook?
You will need to go to the Impowerage Facebook Page and “like” the page. Then visit the Lifelong Learning photo album and choose your favorite picture. Click on a picture of your choice and click the “tag photo” button to the right. Click anywhere in the photo and select your name from the drop down list that will appear. Click “done tagging” and your name should appear at the bottom under the text and before the comment box.
Who is eligible to enter?
The contest is open world-wide except where prohibited by law.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected] for more information.