Contest Rules & Regulations
1. Contest starts at 6:00 am on Thursday, January 27, 2011 and continues until Monday, May 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (the “Contest Closing Date”). All times are PST. No purchase necessary. Only one (1) entry per person. Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Official Rules.
2. To enter, go to Impowerage.com, read the contest guidelines and submit an original story by 11:59pm April 29th, 2011 (the “Submission Deadline”).
3. Impowerage is not responsible for entries that are misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, not legible, if they contain errors or if for any reason they are not received by Impowerage.
4. The top five articles will be chosen by Thursday, May 5th, 2011 by a panel of representatives from Impowerage from all eligible entries received by the Submission Deadline. The selected entrants will be contacted by telephone or email, as set out on their entry.
5. The grand prize winner will be determined by voting which will occur from May 5th to May 23rd, 2011. Voting is limited to one vote per person per day.
6. There is one (1) Grand Prize and 4 (4) Secondary Prizes available to be won:
Grand Prize: Entrant will receive $500 cash (Canadian funds) in the form of a check. Entrant will also have entry published in the Impowerage magazine.
Secondary Prizes: one (1) of four (4) $100 (Canadian funds) gift cards for Amazon. Winner’s entries will be published in the Impowerage.com
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever the reason, of the advertised prize in whole or in part. Contest judges’ rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to the promotion and the awarding of prizes.
8. Contest entries must represent a non-fictional account of a real person. If the submitter is not the person described in the article they must have the consent of the subject of interest.
9. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their entry, name, city of residence and/or any photograph of or that may be taken in publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsors and/or its advertising agencies, without further notice or compensation.
10. This Contest is open world-wide except where prohibited by law. Submitters must be over the age of majority in their place of residence. Employees of Impowerage, their parent and affiliated companies, representatives, dealers and agents, Contest suppliers and judges, and those with whom they are domiciled are excluded from the contest. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
11. No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
12. Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by Impowerage. Impowerage takes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed entries, or for typographical or other production errors. Impowerage is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest. All entries become the property of Impowerage and will not be returned.
13. Impowerage is collecting personal data about entrants for the purpose of administering this Contest. No further informational or marketing communications will be received by entrants unless otherwise requested.
14. By entering this Contest, entrants release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsors, their advertising and promotional agencies and the Contest judges, their affiliates and respective directors, officers, owners, partners, employees, agents, dealers, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with this Contest or, if declared a winner, the prize(s). By accepting a prize, winners consent to the use of their name, place of residence, voice, statements, photographs or other likenesses by the Contest Sponsors for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any medium or format without further compensation or notice.
15. This Contest will be run in accordance with these rules, subject to amendment by Impowerage. Contestants must comply with these rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the rules by participating in this Contest. The terms of this Contest, as set out in these rules, are not subject to amendment or counter-offer, except as set out herein.
16. The Contest Sponsors assume no responsibility for stolen, late, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize), failure of the internet or the website during the promotional period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
17. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).