This is a nutritious, easy, quick and delicious recipe that can be made for a family dinner or divided into individual portions and put in the freezer to be warmed up and enjoyed as dinner for one or two! Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen for up to two months.
- 12 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 6 roasted red pepper halves (bottled or home roasted (best))
- 5 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cups dry white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 oz bottled quartered, marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Trim off any visible fat from the chicken.
- Heat oil in a large wide saucepan set over medium-high heat.
- Place half of the chicken in the pan. Cook until golden on both sides, turning halfway through, which should take from three to four minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a large plate. Add remaining chicken to the pan and cook until golden.
- Reduce heat to medium, then return all of the chicken along with accumulated juices to the pan.
- If using bottled peppers, drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice bottled or home roasted peeled peppers into ¼ inch thick pieces. Add to pan with the garlic.
- Cook stirring often, until garlic is fragrant for about one minute.
- Pour in wine and add salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan into sauce to add flavor.
- Stir in artichokes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Then reduce heat to medium and boil gently, uncovered, stirring occasionally until liquid is reduced by about one quarter, from 6 to 8 more minutes. At this point, sauce will measure about ¾ cup.
Serve chicken with sauce on top and sprinkle on the Parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!