(Yammy and Yummy!)
- 6 cups (about 3 large) peeled, cubed yams
- 1 coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 cups low fat chicken broth
- 1 tbsp each of orange zest and gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp each cumin and salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- Spray a shallow roasting pan with non-stick spray. Add yams, onions, garlic, and olive oil. Stir well. Roast uncovered for 25 minutes at 425 degrees. (Stir once during cooking).
- Transfer mixture to soup pot. Add all other ingredients. Bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium/low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor and serve hot. (garnish with fresh cilantro) and enjoy!